The fetal cardiac scan is conducted during the Nuchal Scan (11-14 weeks), during the Fetal Anomaly scan and finally during the 3rd trimester examination of the fetal development.
Dr Tsoumpou is certified from the leading scientist in the field Professor of Fetal Cardiology Lindsey Allan and is collaborating with acknowledged fetal cardiologists in Greece and abroad.
Fetal cardiac scan from a fetal cardiologist is suggested to women who have:
- Family history of congenital heart disease
- Medical history of taking anti- epileptic drugs
It is also suggested for fetuses who
- Are in danger of developing congenital cardiac abnormalities
- Have increased nuchal translucency during the nuchal scan
- Are diagnosed with a serious non- cardiac condition